Wellington Airport Community Awards 2017 - Hutt City winners
24 Aug 2017
Congratulations to the Wellington Airport Regional Community Award Winners for Hutt City.
The Supreme Award went to Te Ra o te Raukura, an annual whanau community festival held at Waiwhetu Marae. The festival promotes health, education, entertainment, culture and whanau values through a range of stalls and activities. It’s about coming together to share local iwi (Te Atiawa) histories and culture to the wider regions and to both Maori and non Maori.
Arts & Culture category
- Winner - Te Ra o te Raukura
- Runner Up - Sri Lankan Dance Academy
Education & Child/Youth Development category
- Winner - Hutt Science
- Runner Up - Wellington Down Syndrome Association
Health & Well-Being category
- Winner - Foster Hope Charitable Trust
- Runner Up - MIX - Connecting, Creating, Living Inc.
Heritage & Environment category
- Winner - Rimutaka Forest Park Trust
- Runner Up - Treaty Times Thirty
Sport & Leisure category
- Winner - Sport Wainuiomata Inc
- Runner Up - Sola Power Throwing Academy
Rising Star Award
- Winner - JAM After School
- Runner Up - Wharekai Pepe
The winning community groups from Hutt City will join winners from around the region for the Regional Award finals in late October.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.
Read more about the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards