Regular construction and maintenance works are undertaken within the airport, including:
- Pavement construction and resurfacing
- General maintenance works to the runway/taxiway infrastructure
- Capital work projects such as new/replacement buildings
- Lighting installation and maintenance
- Work on the seawalls and structures
Operational constraints at the airport often requires that works are carried out during the flight curfew (1am to 6am). We are mindful of the close proximity of residents to Wellington Airport, and our procedures require noise mitigation measures to be planned and implemented for all projects.
Runway resurfacing works starting from 14 September 2020
From Monday 14 September 2020, we will start night works at the airport to resurface our runway. There are two main parts to the work:
- Milling and paving to replace the runway surface (September – December 2020). This work will start at the south end of the runway and move progressively northwards.
- Grooving of the surface, to improve the water runoff run-off and traction (December-February 2020).
Throughout the course of the works, we will provide regular progress updates to keep you up to date.
If you have any concerns about the noise generated during our works, please feel free to contact our team at any time of the day or night, on 04 385 5100.
Thank you for your patience as we progress this important work.
If you have any questions please contact us on 0508 AIRNOISE or complete our enquiry form.