Wellington International Airport is part of the Be Accessible programme. We're committed to assisting all travellers who require special help.
The airlines operating from Wellington International Airport offer wheelchair and mobility assistance to help customers with reduced mobility. Please contact your airline directly to pre-arrange this service. For more information, visit Aira.
Airport ambassadors and customer assistance phones
Our Airport Ambassadors are available everyday between 8.00am to 5.00pm to help customers who need assistance. Our Ambassadors are a group of friendly, approachable volunteers that can be found in the busiest areas of the terminal.
We also have five airport customer assistance phones to connect you to our helpful Airport Operations Team. These are located in the following areas:
- Level 1 - By our Check-in Information Counter
- Level 1 - Underneath The Meeting Point and outside Gates 13-17
- Level 1 - By International Departures
- Ground Floor - By the Information Counter
- Ground Floor - Between Baggage Storage Room and Medical Room near bag claim 1
Accessible car parking
These are located on level 1 just outside of the new multi-level car park. To access these from the Northern end follow the signs to P120 Express. After exiting the multi-level car park, turn right at the bottom of the exit ramp, and there are two rows of accessible parks. Please display your mobility card, and these parks are charged at Uncovered rates, whether you ‘drive up’ or book online.
There are also mobility parks located in the Long Term car park, Long Term rates apply whether you ‘drive up’ or book online.
Valet is another great option, as you can drive right into the terminal, making this the closest, most convenient option.
Wellington Airport also offers free use of the Aira app (through your smart phones) which offers a virtual assistant to assist those with visual impairments to navigate their way through the airport. For more information, visit Aira.
Wheelchair accessible toilets can be found in the main terminal area and departure lounges.
A unisex toilet with wheelchair accessible toilet and shower facilities is available for people who need to be accompanied by a helper of the opposite gender. It’s located in the new terminal extension area, next to the Icebreaker store.
Our airport doors are automatic and wide enough for easy wheelchair access.
Lift access is available between all levels and in the covered park building. All lifts are equipped with Braille keys.
Please note that we don't make boarding calls so travellers should check the Flight Information Displays and their tickets for boarding times.
We have ANZ Bank ATMs with accessibility features:
- pinpads have a dot on the #5 key to help vision impaired customers to determine the location of buttons
- earphone jacks so customers can hear voice commands for transactions (English only)
- Japanese, Chinese and Korean languages.
Sharps Disposal Units
Sharps Disposal Units are available in the following locations:
- Main Terminal Northern Level 1 male toilet
- Main Terminal Northern Level 1 female toilet (accessible cubicle)
- International Departures male accessible toilet
- International Departures female accessible toilet
- Units are also located at the screening points for South West Pier, North Pier Domestic and International