Baggage best practice
When packing for both domestic and international flights, follow our suggestions to avoid any setbacks.
- Always pack your own baggage.
- Check weight and size restrictions for checked baggage with your airline.
- Put your name and address on all checked and carry-on luggage. Remove all old bag tags to avoid confusion.
- Avoid carrying metal items that may trigger metal detector alarms (e.g. belts, buttons, body piercings and steel toe shoes).
- Make sure your baggage does not contain any restricted items
Storage is located on Level 0 near baggage claim 1. To store your bags use one of our Customer Help Phones on Level 0 or Level 1. Alternatively you can call +64 4 385 5100. You will need a valid photo ID. Payment can be made by cash, EFTPOS or credit. All goods stored at your own risk and Wellington International Airport cannot be held responsible for damaged or lost goods.
We are unable to store baggage containing dangerous goods or hazardous material
Access hours: 5:30am - 1:00am daily.
The storage room is closed between the hours of 1:00 - 5:30am daily and no drop offs and pick-ups are possible during this time.
Baggage storage charges
Items 0-12 hours 12-24 hours Each additional 24 hours
Valuables (keys & tech.)
$10.00/item $20.00/item Add $ 10.00 per day
Small items (cabin luggage) $5.00/item $10.00/item Add $ 10.00 per day
Checked in Luggage $10/bag $20.00/bag Add $ 10.00 per day
Oversize Items $20.00/item $40.00/item Add $ 10.00 per day
If you’re travelling with an animal, transporting an animal via cargo, or receiving an animal from a foreign country, please contact the airline and/or freight forwarder of your choice.
Please note that pets are not permitted inside the terminal building unless they are service animals or in a kennel.
Baggage should never be left unattended in public areas. All such baggage will be treated as suspicious, removed by security services, and may be destroyed.