Facilities at Wellington Airport
Main Terminal/Domestic - Departures
A family-friendly Parent and Caregivers Room is located on Level 1 along the retail street in the main terminal (near The Travel Store). The facilities available include:
- a feeding chair with privacy curtain and power access
- a microwave
- baby changing table
- a children’s play pen.
Baby changing stations are also available in the male and female toilets next to the retail store 3 Wise Men.
Main Terminal Domestic - Gates 13 – 16
- There are baby changing tables located in the male and female toilets past Gate 15 on the ground floor (Take the lift or stairs from the gate lounge area to access these).
- There are free showers available in the Level 1 toilets in the main terminal (before security).
- You will need to provide your own towel.
International - Departures
- There are baby changing tables located in the male and female toilets.
International - Arrivals
- On arrival at Wellington Airport, before Customs Passport Control there is a Parent and Caregivers Room with changing facilities and a feeding chair.
- Baby change tables are also available in the male and female toilets next to the Parent and Caregivers Room.
- A baby changing station is available in the female toilets located once you clear customs and arrive at MPI
Flying with children
If you are travelling internationally with a young child, you will be allowed to take more food, drink, baby powder and formula than the restricted limits, in amounts considered reasonable for the flight. Find out more details on the allowances on the Aviation Security Service website. Additional information on security screening with children is available here.
For information on flying with infants and children, refer to the information provided by your airline:
We welcome your feedback
If you have feedback on how we can improve your experience traveling with children at Wellington Airport, please let us know.