Wellington Airport Community Awards 2017 - Kapiti winners announced
13 Jul 2017
Congratulations to the Wellington Airport Regional Community Award Winners for Kapiti.
The passionate volunteers of Guardians of the Kapiti Marine Reserve took out the Supreme Award for the Kapiti District. The Guardians promote the conservation and protection of the Kapiti Marine Reserve and surrounding environment. The Reserve is home to abundant sea life including blue moki, kingfish, seals and dolphins, along with top Dive Spots including the Hole-in-the-Wall underwater archway.
Art & Culture
- Winner - Kapiti Women's Choir
- Runner Up - Otaki Historical Society
Education & Child / Youth Development
- Winner - Paraparaumu College SEAR Action Group
- Runner Up - KYS One Stop
Health & Wellbeing
- Winner - Otaki Women's Community Club
- Runner Up - Waikanae Cameo Society Incorporated
Heritage & Environment
- Winner - Guardians of the Kapiti Marine Reserve
- Runner Up - Energise Otaki
Sport & Leisure
- Winner - Kapiti Basketball Association Inc
- Runner Up - Otaki Taekwondo Club
- Winner - Coastella
- Runner Up - Arms of Angels
The winning community groups from Kapiti will join winners from around the region for the Regional Award finals in late October.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.
Read more about the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards