What information do we collect?
Information collected from your general interactions with us
The personal information we may collect includes your:
- name, contact details, date of birth, flight and booking details, Vehicle Licence Plate number, retail redemption downloads
- location and movements in public areas of the airport and its close surroundings, (via CCTV footage);
- email communications, and your written and verbal interactions with us;
- number of visits to the airport;
- image (via photograph or film) as you move around our property;
- travel destination or preferred destinations;
- use of our social media platforms; and
- preferences concerning types of products or services.
Information collected when you use our websites
When you visit or use our websites, we collect information (including the IP address and phone number of your machine or device, the operating system and the browser your machine or device uses, your browser's general wifi location, the date and time you are visiting and the pages you view and your preferred travel destinations).
Information regarding your usage of our websites is collected to help us improve and offer the services you need each time you visit and to improve our services generally. We may also use this information to improve our advertising and marketing of related products and services.
How do we collect your information?
Personal information will ordinarily be collected directly from you when you interact with us over the phone, through email or letter, via our websites, when you personally meet with one of our staff or agents or where you use our services.
- though the recording of your image on CCTV footage in and around our airport;
- when you submit an application for employment or contracting opportunities with us;
- when you subscribe to any Wellington Airport newsletters, participate in surveys, competitions or promotions;
- by filming, or taking photographs, of you on or around our property (which may be used in our marketing materials);
- when you access any of our retail systems/promotions;
- when you log into our wifi; and
- where you have authorised this;
- a publicly available source;
- a government department, body, or law enforcement agency (in relation to security matters);
- an airline or retail outlet;
- a service provider;
- third party providers of cookies and other online tracking systems.
How do we use your information?
- for safety and security purposes;
- to assist with emergency responses; it allows us to gauge how many passengers may be in the terminal
- to process your transactions and administer your account/s;
- to help us develop, market, improve, manage, administer and facilitate our services and operations and those of our business partners;
- for internal purposes (such as risk management, staff training and billing);
- as part of the investigation and analysis of incidents;
- to contract with authorised individuals;
- for us or our commercial partners to notify you of services, special offers, competitions and giveaways, opportunities, products or benefits which are being offered by Wellington Airport; or any of our commercial partners or associated organisations;
- for security purposes and to improve our, or our commercial partners', services by using monitoring and tracking technologies in relation to our online services and properties;
- to conduct market research and to promote and market our, or our commercial partners', products and services.
By providing your email address and/or mobile phone number, you consent to us sending you information connected with the above collection and use purposes via email or text message. We may also send you newsletters or other information we think you may be interested in and which may market and promote our products and services, or the products and services of others. The messages you receive from us will have instructions for how you can remove yourself from our mailing list.
When would we disclose your information?
Personal information held by Wellington Airport will be accessible by Wellington Airport staff or advisors where it is necessary for that staff member or advisor to carry out their duties.
We will not disclose your personal information to other people or agencies except where:
- you have authorised such disclosure;
- disclosure is required by our contractors (for the purposes of the services they provide), so that we can complete a transaction on your behalf or provide you with a service that
- you have requested;
- disclosure is to a law enforcement agency that is entitled to such information under its statutory powers;
- we are required to provide the information by law;
- disclosure is required for safety and security and information assurance purposes;
- disclosure was the purpose of collecting the information;
- those of our business partners;
- disclosure is necessary for third parties to offer you products and services that may be of interest to you and to optimise the advertisements on our websites;
- it is necessary for a function of Wellington Airport, such as for legal or auditing purposes.
How do we protect your information?
Wellington Airport implements and maintains security measures that are designed to provide reasonable protection against the loss, interference or misuse of your personal information and to prevent unauthorised access, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
Communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure, unless they have been encrypted. We may allow third parties to monitor our network for security and information assurance purposes.
Accessing and correcting your information and contacting us
You can request access to, and correct of, your personal information held by us. All requests for access and/or correction will be processed within a reasonable time.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or+64 4 385 5100, or PO Box 14175, Wellington New Zealand.
Date of Last Revision: May 2018