Nominate a group
Due to COVID-19 the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards are on hold for 2020 - Read statement
Nominations are submitted under one of the following categories:
- Arts & Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities.
- Education & Child/Youth Development - Improvement or enhancement of the educational and social development of children / youth.
- Health & Wellbeing - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Heritage & Environment - Improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage.
- Sport & Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits.
- Rising Star award - Designed to recognise and encourage emerging grassroots groups in the community.
Nominations must be made by completing the online form. Additional supporting information may be attached to your nomination.
Key factors considered during judging are:
- volunteer input
- utilisation of resources
- innovation and creativity
- effectiveness of activities
- impact within the community
- activities during the past year
There are two parts to the awards’ process: council awards and regional awards. The Regional Awards are judged by a panel of the five regional mayors or their representatives, and a representative from the previous years' Supreme Award winner.
Within each of the five council regions, a judging panel selects the following:
- 5 x Category Runner-Ups
- 5 x Category Winners
- 1 x Rising Star Winner
- 1 x Supreme Winner
The awards are announced and presented at a function hosted by the region’s mayor. Winners receive a cash prize and a certificate.
Thirty of the council awards’ recipients are invited to the regional awards dinner hosted by Wellington International Airport where the following regional winners are announced:
- 5 x Regional Category Winners
- 1 x Regional Rising Star Winner
- 1 x Regional Supreme Winner
Winners receive a cash prize and a framed certificate. The Regional Supreme Winner will also receive a trophy that is held for one year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Community Awards Manager
Policy and Projects Advisor
Community Development Advisor – Funding/Kaitohutohu Whakawhanake Pāpori – Pūtea
City Communities and Grants
WELLINGTON COMMUNITY TRUST:
Community Engagement & Funding Manager