Nominate a group
2022 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards
Nominations for the 2022 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards are now closed. Finalists will be announced in June.
Nominations are submitted under one of the following categories:
- Arts & Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities.
- Education & Child/Youth Development - Improvement or enhancement of the educational and social development of children / youth.
- Health & Wellbeing - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community.
- Heritage & Environment - Improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage.
- Sport & Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits.
- Rising Star award - Designed to recognise and encourage emerging grassroots groups in the community.
Please note these awards recognise community groups and organisations, not individual volunteers.
Nominations must be made by completing the official online form. Additional supporting information of one pdf document (maximum 6 x A4 pages) and one photo (size 1-10MB) may be submitted with your nomination.
Key factors considered during judging are:
- volunteer input
- utilisation of resources
- innovation and creativity
- effectiveness of activities
- impact within the community
- recent activities (undertaken during the past 1-2 years)
There are two parts to the awards process: council awards and regional awards.
Within each of the five council regions, a judging panel selects the following:
- 5 x Category Runner-Ups
- 5 x Category Winners
- 1 x Rising Star Winner
- 1 x Supreme Winner
The awards are announced and presented at a function hosted by the region’s mayor. Winners receive a cash prize and a certificate.
Later in the year members of the public will have an opportunity to vote for the finalists in the regional People’s Choice award.
The regional category, People's Choice and Supreme Award winners are announced at an awards dinner hosted by Wellington Airport.
The Supreme Winner will receive a cash prize, an advertising package and a framed certificate, along with a trophy that is held for one year.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OR ASSISTANCE WITH THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Community Awards Manager