Integrated Operations Controller
About the role
We are looking for a motivated aviation professional to join our proactive, diverse and social Operations team, in a rostered shift environment.
This opportunity will see you located in our brand-new Integrated Operations Centre at the heart of Wellington Airport’s day to day operations.
You will be:
- working directly with Airlines and Border Agencies
- planning and managing aircraft resource stand allocation
- ensuring all regulatory requirements are maintained including CAA Part 139 obligations.
- utilising CCTV and other operating systems to proactively monitor for any safety, terminal or security discrepancies
- centrally managing and executing Wellington Airport’s emergency response procedures
- providing intel and support to Wellington Airport’s medical response
- providing exceptional customer service to passengers and stakeholders on the airport.
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- multiple opportunities for learning and development
- a free car park
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- the ability to be resilient under pressure
- initiative and situational awareness
- customer service experience
- a positive attitude
You are comfortable:
- proactively monitoring complex technology systems
- navigating safety issues, considerations and best practices
- communicating (oral, written and radio)
Ideally, you have:
- undergraduate degree in aviation management (or other relevant experience)
- two to four years’ experience working within a control room environment (or an aptitude for learning new things quickly)
- customer service experience
- an appreciation of/an interest in the aviation industry
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a medical assessment and drug/alcohol test.
Wellington Airport is the hub of New Zealand’s domestic aviation network and the gateway to the Capital and the surrounding region. A major player on Wellington’s economic landscape, we contribute to the growth and development of regional commercial activity and tourism, and are a significant enabler of business and government activity.
This is an exciting time for Wellington Airport as we have recently opened a multi-level carpark, a four-star hotel and a suite of new retail stores. We are constantly progressing and expanding; come and be a part of our success.
- Please apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format.
- Applications close Friday 23 August 2019.
- Candidates must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the interview process.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?