Integrated Operations Controller
About the role
We are looking for a motivated aviation professional to join our proactive, diverse and social Operations team, in a rostered shift environment.
This opportunity will see you located in our brand-new Integrated Operations Centre, the first of its kind in New Zealand and at the heart of Wellington Airport’s day to day operations.
You will be:
- working directly with Airlines and Border Agencies
- planning and managing aircraft resource stand allocation
- ensuring all regulatory requirements are maintained including CAA Part 139 obligations.
- utilising CCTV and other operating systems to proactively monitor for any safety, terminal or security discrepancies
- centrally managing and executing Wellington Airport’s emergency response procedures
- providing intel and support to Wellington Airport’s medical response
- providing exceptional customer service to passengers and stakeholders on the airport
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- a 4 days on/4 days off shift pattern
- multiple opportunities for learning and development
- a free car park
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- the ability to be resilient under pressure
- initiative and situational awareness
- customer service experience
- a positive attitude
You are comfortable:
- proactively monitoring complex technology systems
- navigating safety issues, considerations and best practices
- communicating (oral, written and radio)
Ideally, you have:
- undergraduate degree in aviation management (or other relevant experience)
- experience in aviation environments
- two to four years’ experience working within a control room environment (or an aptitude for learning new things quickly)
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a medical assessment and drug/alcohol test.
As the gateway to Central New Zealand, Wellington Airport helps businesses to prosper and tourism to flourish, as well as generating employment for at least 1,500 people on the airport precinct and close to 11,000 in the local economy. We are also a proud supporter of Wellington events and community organisations.
Guided by our Kaitiakitanga vision, we aim to manage our operations efficiently, to care for our environment and our people, to support the local economy and to give back to the community.
We live by our values of Whānau Kotahi, Be Exceptional, Diversity & Inclusion, Customer Obsessed and Courage and Freedom, and we have been recognised as an Employer of Choice in 2022 by Human Resources Director NZ.
We are proud to be a passionate, flexible and inclusive organisation; come and be a part of our team.
About your application
- apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format
- applications close 10 June 2022
- please note that you must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the role
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?