LEVEL 1 - MEZZANINE
Three Convenient Ways to Get Your Foreign Currency
Whether you are planning ahead or require quick service at the Airport, Travelex has you covered.
- Click and Collect
- Foreign Currency ATMS
- Airport Store
Plan in Advance. Click & Collect for the Best Rates
If you are pre-planning your next trip early, the easiest and cheapest way to get your foreign currency is to order online.
You’ll receive Travelex's best exchange rates online and you can conveniently choose to have your foreign currency collected at the Click and Collect Wellington Airport Travelex Store located in Departures on Level 1.
For Travelex Money Card purchases allow 2 business days** for order collection.
For Cash purchases allow 5 business days** for order collection.
Benefits of Using Click & Collect
- Simple - Choose your foreign currency, select the Wellington Airport store and your collection date.
- Convenient - Shop from home, receive an email with instructions once ordered and pick up at the airport
- Best Rates - When you shop online with Travelex, you’re receiving their best exchange rates across their range of foreign currencies.
- Zero Fees - Receive no commission fees on foreign currency when you shop online.
** when paying by bank or credit card
Foreign Currency ATMs - Contactless & Convenient
Don’t panic if you haven’t ordered your foreign currency before arriving at the Airport! There are now brand new Travelex Foreign Currency ATMs at Wellington Airport. Simply walk-up, withdraw and you're ready to go.
- Clean & Contactless - Regularly sanitised and cleaned. With no human interaction needed.
- USD, EUR & AUD available = Withdraw up to $800 worth of foreign currency. For larger sums, visit the airport store.
- Convenient & 24/7 - Foreign currency access available anytime
- Great rates & Fee free - Enjoy great rates and no commission fees
- All Major Bank Cards accepted- Withdraw foreign currency using popular bank cards*
- Easy & Fast - No form filling, self-serve and you're on your way
* Cards accepted at Travelex foreign currency ATMs are: Visa, Mastercard, Plus, Cirrus and Maestro.
Our Airport Store is Always Here to Help
Located in Departures near the Food Court on Level 1, you can find the Wellington Airport Travelex store. Here you can buy or sell foreign cash, purchase/top-up the Travelex Money Card, and much more.
Receive expert travel money advice and friendly service from the Wellington Airport team. As well as securing great exchange rates and no commission fees.
Note: Store hours may vary from those advertised due to covid staffing shortages. Please check with the store for details.
Win a Priceless Christmas in New York Promotion
Experience the festive season in the city that never sleeps, with a Priceless trip from Travelex & Mastercard to New York. Plus, NZD$6,000 in runners up prizes.
Simply purchase or top up the Travelex Money Card with NZD$500 or more. Entries close June 17, 2022. Terms and conditions apply.
- Western Union money transfer facilities
- Foreign currency at competitive exchange rates
- Buy Back of Currency at 0% commission* (*conditions apply)
- Travelex Money Card – prepaid debit card
- International Travel Sims