Zonta Club of Mana win Porirua Community Awards
25 Jul 2018
Congratulations to the Wellington Airport Regional Community Award Winners for Porirua that were announced last night.
The Supreme Award went to Zonta Club of Mana. The club actively fundraises to support local initiatives and causes including scholarships for emerging young girl leaders, Arohata women's prison, mental health, second-chance education for women, women's refuge, and family anti violence campaigns.
Arts & Culture category
- Winner – Tape Art NZ
- Runner Up – Kapi Mana Music Festival Charitable Trust
Education & Child/Youth Development category
- Winner – Cannons Creek Youth Charitable Trust
- Runner Up – Cannons Creek School Garden to Table
- Runner Up – Te Ara Moana Trust
Health & Well-Being category
- Winner - Zonta Club of Mana
- Runner Up - Ngati Toa Branch of Maori Womens Welfare League
Heritage & Environment category
- Winner – Aotea Conservation Volunteers
- Runner Up – The Outpawed Rescue Trust
Sport & Leisure category
- Winner - USO Bike Ride
- Runner Up - Porirua Canoe and Kayak Club
Rising Star Award
- Winner - WELLfed
The winning community groups from Hutt City will join winners from around the region for the Regional Award finals in mid-November.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.
Read more about the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards