Travelling to Australia
23 Jul 2021
Latest status updates (Updated 23 July)
- Quarantine-free travel from all Australian states and territories to New Zealand is being suspended as the COVID-19 situation there worsens.
- From 11:59pm (NZT) Friday 23 July, Australians will no longer be able to enter New Zealand quarantine-free. This will be in place for at least the next 8 weeks.
- For the next 7 days there will be return green flights for New Zealanders from all states and territories, except NSW, that will require proof of a negative pre-departure test.
- Those who have been in New South Wales will still have to go into MIQ for 14 days.
- Those who have been in Victoria must self-isolate upon return and have a negative day 3 test.
- Read the government announcement here
For further information visit Covid-19.govt.nz