Travelling at Alert Level 3
31 Aug 2021
At 11.59pm on Tuesday 31 August, Wellington, and areas south of Auckland, will move to Alert Level 3. Auckland will remain at Alert Level 4 for at least two weeks and Northland will remain at Alert Level 4 until at least 11.59pm on Thursday.
While we are at Alert Level 3, Wellington Airport will remain open for essential travel only.
As with Level 4, you should only be at the airport if you're providing an essential service or travelling for a permitted reason.
To find out if your journey fits this description, visit covid19.govt.nz or contact your airline. Domestic flights for freight will also continue.
On arrival at the airport, you will be greeted by a member of Aviation Security and asked to provide proof of travel, such as a flight itinerary or boarding pass and evidence of your reason for travel, before you can enter the terminal. To find out what evidence you are recommended to carry as proof of travel, visit www.transport.govt.nz
You will not be able to enter the terminal unless you are flying or escorting someone who is flying, for example an unaccompanied child or a traveller with a disability. All other visitors should wait outside.
Once inside the terminal, scan the Government COVID tracing code or use the airport’s text message option if you don’t have the Government app.
It is mandatory to wear a mask at all times while in the terminal and on flights.
While New Zealand is at alert Level 3, services at the airport will be limited as follows:
RETAIL AND FOOD AND BEVERAGE
All retailers and food and beverage providers will remain closed until further notice. Vending machines are available in the terminal to provide essential food items.
Our Parking Services office will remain closed for face to face contact. Please call 04 3855143 or use the intercom at the barriers if you have any queries.
You can cancel or amend a parking booking through the ‘manage my booking’ function on our website here. Please note, if your parking is booked within the next 24 hours you will not be able to cancel online. However, you can contact us by email and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We are currently receiving a high number of requests so this may take longer than usual but we will get back to you.
Our Valet service is closed. Please call 04 3855143 or use the intercom.
- The Number 2 bus departs to the City from Hobart Street just past the Z Petrol Station, please see metlink.org.nz for further information.
- For any other bus service please contact the operator directly.
Taxis, Shuttles and Rideshare
- The long-term parking shuttle bus is no longer running and any passengers using the airport for essential travel are asked to use our Uncovered, Covered and Premium car parks.
- For a Taxi or Shuttle service please see contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
- For Rideshare services please use your respective Uber, Zoomy or OLA app.
- For Onsite Rentals (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, Redspot/Enterprise, Ezi or Europcar) please see notifications on the Level 0 counters or contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
- For Offsite Rentals (Ace, Aerodrive, Apex, DCR, Go, Jucy, Mode or Omega) please see notifications on the Level 0 counters or contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
For further assistance please call our Parking Services on 04 385 5143 or Airport Operations on 04 385 5124 – please be mindful that calls may take a little longer than usual to be answered.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
For latest updates, please visit: https://covid19.govt.nz/