Otaki Skill Sharing Group win Kapiti Community Awards
18 Jul 2019
Congratulations to Otaki Skill Sharing Group, Supreme Winner for Kapiti in the 2019 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards!
For over 30 years, women from the Otaki Skill Sharing Group have gathered each week to teach and practice skills such as sewing, knitting, crocheting and cooking. They donate sewn and knitted goods created by the group to a wide range of charity partners both locally, nationally and internationally.
Congratulations to all the Kapiti winning groups:
Art & Culture
- Winner: Otaki Promotions Group
- Runner Up: Kapiti Seniors Singers
Education & Child Youth Development
- Winner: Paekakariki Potty Potters
- Runner Up: The Independence Collective
Health & Wellbeing
- Winner: Otaki Skill Sharing
- Runner Up: Kapiti Community Foodbank Inc
Heritage & Environment
- Winner: Waikanae Estuary Care Group
- Runner Up: Kapiti Coast Museum
Sport & Leisure
- Winner: Hoop Club Kapiti Incorporated
- Runner Up: Kapiti Boxing Club
- Winner: Māoriland Charitable Trust for M.A.T.C.H. The Māoriland Tech Creative Hub
- Runner Up: Waikanae Scout Group
The winning community groups from Kapiti will join winners from around the region for the award finals in November.
ABOUT THE WELLINGTON AIRPORT REGIONAL COMMUNITY AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.