NZ Remembrance Army win Porirua Community Awards
16 Jul 2019
Congratulations to NZ Remembrance Army, Supreme Winner for Porirua in the 2019 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards!
The New Zealand Remembrance Army bring local military history back to life. Local volunteers clean, restore, document and research military graves in cemeteries all over New Zealand. This year over 6,000 graves in 25 cemeteries have been cleaned, with Porirua’s Old Cemetery the first completed.
Congratulations to all the Porirua Winners:
Art & Culture
- Winner: Friends of Pataka Arts Trail
Education & Child Youth Development
- Winner: Brandon Intermediate Enviro Group
- Runner Up: Te Ara Moana
Health & Wellbeing
- Winner: Little Sprouts Charitable Trust
- Runner Up: Porirua Parkrun
- Runner Up: Pallets for Pickup or Deliverys
Heritage & Environment
- Winner: New Zealand Remembrance Army
- Runner Up: Kahotea Stream Restoration Group
Sport & Leisure
- Winner: Porirua Grand Traverse
- Runner Up: Sailability Wellington Trust
- Winner: Porirua Green Bike Trust
- Runner Up: Who Did You Help Today
The winning community groups from Porirua will join winners from around the region for the award finals in November.
ABOUT THE WELLINGTON AIRPORT REGIONAL COMMUNITY AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.