Travelling during Alert Level 2
3 Jun 2020
Latest update, 3 June 2020
We are now in Alert Level 2 and can all start travelling safely around New Zealand again.
To ensure you feel confident when flying to or from Wellington Airport, we’ve been working closely with government agencies, the aviation industry and regulators in New Zealand to implement safe travel measures. This includes:
- Clearly communicating physical distance and hygiene measures through posters, digital signs, floor markers and PA announcements
- Rearranging furniture to ensure you can keep a safe distance from other travellers
- Stepping up cleaning of all facilities and key touch points, such as check-in counters and touch screens, handrails, door handles and public phones
- Installing hand sanitiser dispensers around the terminal
- Working closely with all airport tenants to ensure they are meeting health and safety requirements.
To keep everyone safe, you should not travel if you’re feeling unwell, being tested for COVID-19 or if you need to self-isolate.
If you are not travelling and meeting someone in the terminal who is arriving or departing, please look out for and scan the Government COVID tracing code or you can use the airport's text message option if you don't have the Government APP.
If you are a passenger with a confirmed ticket booking you do not need to use contact tracing as your travel details are with your airline.
Once in the terminal, it’s important you wash your hands regularly and maintain physical distancing from anyone outside your bubble at all times.
As you travel around the country, make sure you follow good personal health measures and keep records of where you’ve been and who you’ve been in contact with.
While New Zealand's borders are closed for entry, all international flights are suspended until further notice.
SERVICES AVAILABLE AT WELLINGTON AIRPORT DURING ALERT LEVEL 2
During Alert Level 2, the following services will be available at the airport:
Retail and food and beverage
The following retailers are now open:
- The Axe
- Best Ugly Bagels
- The Blue Lady
- Cargo Convenience Store
- Simply New Zealand
- TJ Katsu
- The Peloton Bar and Eatery
- Three Quarter Society
- Whisky Lima Golf
We recommend checking this page regularly for updates on which stores are open as the situation is continuously changing.
The Rydges Wellington Airport Hotel is open and taking bookings for both guest stays and conferencing. If you are planning to stay at the hotel, it’s a good idea to book ahead, although walk in bookings will be accepted. During your stay, you will be able to order food and drinks via contactless room service. You will also have access to a mini bar in your room and both the Peloton Bar and Eatery and Whisky Lima Golf restaurants will be offering seated dining options. When you check in, the hotel staff will gather your information to assist with contact tracing if needed.
Ground transport and parking
Most services will return to usual, with the following exceptions:
- The Airport Flyer will not be running until further notice
- Our Valet service will remain closed. For queries you can call 04 3855143 or use the intercom at the airport
- The long-term parking shuttle bus will not be available. If you need to use the long-term car park and have accessibility needs, please call our Parking Services for assistance on 04 3855143.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT COVID-19
The links below provide further information on COVID-19, including latest advice on symptoms, prevention and treatment.