Information for travellers on COVID-19
2 Apr 2020
Latest update, 2 April 2020
New Zealand is now at alert Level 4. Wellington Airport is an essential service and remains open through this period.
You should now only be at the airport if you're providing an essential service.
Exemption for foreign nationals connecting to international flights
Foreign nationals in New Zealand can now drive, or take domestic flights, in order to connect with commercial, or chartered, international flights to their home country.
To learn more, please visit https://covid19.govt.nz/.
Domestic flights for freight will also continue.
While New Zealand is at alert Level 4, services at the airport will be limited as follows:
Retail and food and beverage
All retailers and food and beverage providers have now closed until further notice. Vending machines are available in the terminal to provide essential food items.
Our Parking Services office is now closed for face to face contact. Please call 04 3855143 or use the intercom at the barriers if you have any queries.
You can cancel or amend a parking booking here.
Our Valet service is closed. Please call 04 3855143 or use the intercom.
- The Airport Flyer will not be running until further notice.
- The Number 2 bus departs to the City from Hobart Street just past the Z Petrol Station, please see metlink.org.nz for further information.
- For any other bus service please contact the operator directly.
Taxis, Shuttles and Rideshare
- The long term parking shuttle bus is no longer running and any passengers using the airport for essential travel are asked to use our Uncovered, Covered and Premium car parks.
- For a Taxi or Shuttle service please see contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
- For Rideshare services please use your respective Uber, Zoomy or OLA app.
- For Onsite Rentals (Avis, Budget, Hertz, Thrifty, Redspot/Enterprise, Ezi or Europcar) please see notifications on the Level 0 counters or contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
- For Offsite Rentals (Ace, Aerodrive, Apex, DCR, Go, Jucy, Mode or Omega) please see notifications on the Level 0 counters or contact numbers on our Transport Maps which are located on Level 0 in Door E and Door G.
For further assistance please call our Parking Services on 04 385 5143 or Airport Operations on 04 385 5124 – please be mindful that calls may take a little longer than usual to be answered.