Compassion Soup Kitchen win Wellington City Community Awards
27 Jul 2018
Congratulations to the Wellington Airport Regional Community Award Winners for Wellington City that were announced tonight.
Compassion Soup Kitchen were honoured as Supreme Winner for their commitment to helping vulnerable people. The Kitchen, which has been operating in Wellington since 1899, provides breakfast and dinner to those in need, alongside access to computers, gardening, fishing and other purposeful activities that help create connection to the community.
Arts & Culture category
- Winner – The Performance Arcade
- Runner Up – Out Wellington Incorporated
Education & Child/Youth Development category
- Winner – Holocaust Centre of New Zealand
- Runner Up – Ignite Consultants
Health & Well-Being category
- Winner –Compassion Soup Kitchen
- Runner Up – Crafty Volunteers of New Zealand
Heritage & Environment category
- Winner – Ghost Fishing New Zealand
- Runner Up – Vinnies Re Sew
Sport & Leisure category
- Winner – Coastguard Wellington
- Runner Up – Special Olympics Wellington
Rising Star Award
- Winner – Quick Kai
- Runner Up – Te Mahuri Charitable Trust
The winning community groups from Wellington City will join winners from around the region for the Regional Award finals in mid-November.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
Every year, Wellington International Airport, Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils come together to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to celebrate volunteers for their valuable contribution to society.
Read more about the Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards