2017 Community Award Nominations now open
1 April 2017
Nominations are now open for the 2017 Wellington Airport Regional Community Awards.
About the awards
Wellington Airport, in partnership with Wellington Community Trust, and the five local councils join together each year to recognise the work carried out by community groups in the wider Wellington region. The focus of the Awards is to reward the valuable contribution made by volunteers.
Nominations can be submitted under one of the following categories:
- Arts & Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities.
- Education & Child/Youth Development - Improvement or enhancement of the educational and social development of children / youth
- Health & Wellbeing - Enhancing the health and wellbeing of our community
- Heritage & Environment - Improvement or revitalising of the environment, culture or heritage
- Sport & Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits
Rising Star award
The Rising Star award is designed to recognise and encourage emerging and grass-roots groups doing great things in our community.
Rising Star award winners will be chosen out of all the category nominees in each region.
On the nomination form you will be asked to indicate if you fit into any (or all) of the following criteria:
- The group has been in operation for less than 2 years
- The group is 100% volunteer run
- This is the first time your group has entered these Community Awards
- The group is not affiliated to a national organisation
Note: these criteria applies only to the Rising Star award eligibility. Award eligibility is at the discretion of the Judging Panel.
- Wellington City
- Hutt City
- Upper Hutt
Key factors considered during judging are:
- Volunteer input
- Utilisation of resources
- Innovation and creativity
- Effectiveness of activities
- Impact within the community
With a focus on activities during the past year.
- You may nominate any not-for-profit group or organisation working in the interests of the community including one of which you are a member
- The Awards are designed to recognise past achievements
- The Awards do not exclude community groups who use professionals to support the delivery of services undertaken by volunteers.
Nominations must be made by completing the online form. Additional supporting information may be attached to your nomination.
Pictured: CubaDupa 2016 Supreme Award Winner. Photo by Amandala Photography.