Manager Ambassador Programme
About the role
If you are looking for a full-time permanent role that is varied and want to work with a diverse and high performing team, then this is the role for you.
You will be:
- planning, coordinating and leading the Wellington Airport Ambassador Programme that comprises of over 60 volunteers
- executing the Wellington Airport customer service programme
- managing, tracking and recording customer feedback and providing intelligence to stakeholders
- providing support to the Airport Operations Administrator and wider Operations team
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- multiple opportunities for learning and development including career pathways
- free airport parking
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- a friendly, positive and confident attitude
- excellent organisation and time management skills
- the ability to develop and maintain good relationships with staff, stakeholders and customers
You are comfortable:
- working autonomously and in a team environment
- working under pressure with attention to detail
Ideally, you have:
- experience in people management and/or working with volunteers
- strong administration experience
- intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a drug/alcohol test.
Wellington Airport is the hub of New Zealand’s domestic aviation network and the gateway to the Capital and the surrounding region. A major player on Wellington’s economic landscape, we contribute to the growth and development of regional commercial activity and tourism, and are a significant enabler of business and government activity.
This is an exciting time for Wellington Airport as we develop an integrated operations centre, a four-star hotel, new flight routes and retail stores. We are constantly progressing and expanding; come and be a part of our success.
- Please apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format
- Applications close Thursday 21 March 2019
- Candidates must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the interview process
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a manager / team lead?
- Do you have customer service experience?