Financial Accountant - Revenue
About the role
If you are looking for a full-time permanent role that is varied and want to work with a diverse and high performing team, then this is the role for you.
You will have the opportunity to learn from the best and will undertake work that includes a mix of financial and management accounting. Not only will you work at a detailed and transactional level, but you will also provide high level Executive and Board analysis.
You will be:
- responsible for revenue invoicing and accounting
- responsible for revenue reporting including passenger and aircraft statistics and retail, property and transport revenue
- assisting in the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports including balance sheet account reconciliations, financial analysis, subsidiary reporting, and the calculation and processing of accruals
- providing business support and financial analysis
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- multiple opportunities for learning and development including career pathways
- free airport parking
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- accuracy and attention to detail
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- drive for results
You are comfortable:
- building good relationships with a diverse group including senior managers and staff
- using a variety of databases and systems
- managing yourself and your time efficiently
Ideally, you have:
- an Accounting/Business degree and a recent CA/CPA qualification (or be working towards one)
- At least two years' experience either in a medium to large commercial organisation or an accounting firm (audit or business advisory)
- an appreciation of/an interest in the aviation industry
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a drug/alcohol test.
Wellington Airport is the hub of New Zealand’s domestic aviation network and the gateway to the Capital and the surrounding region. A major player on Wellington’s economic landscape, we contribute to the growth and development of regional commercial activity and tourism, and are a significant enabler of business and government activity.
This is an exciting time for Wellington Airport as we develop an integrated operations centre, a four-star hotel, new flight routes and retail stores. We are constantly progressing and expanding; come and be a part of our success.
- Please apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format.
- Applications close Tuesday 26 March 2019.
- Please note that candidates must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the interview process.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a chartered accountant (CA) qualification?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?