About the role
If you are looking for a communications, social media and public relations role that is varied and want to work with a diverse and high performing team, then this is the role for you.
This opportunity reports to the General Manager Communications and Marketing with a key focus on public relations, and external and internal communications. It would ideally suit someone who is looking to work 30 hours a week and is available to be on-call outside of these hours.
You will be:
- acting as Wellington Airport’s initial on-call media contact, fielding calls from media agencies and coordinating appropriate responses as required
- developing media releases, marketing communications, speeches and newsletters for internal and external purposes
- coordinating media and communications as required in emergency situations, ensuring protocols are adhered to and any information provided is controlled appropriately
- managing and developing social media channels in line with key marketing objectives
- assisting with the planning and facilitation of airport special events with the marketing and communications team
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- multiple opportunities for learning and development including career pathways
- free airport parking
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- excellent communication skills; with the ability to formulate and write plans and written pieces to a high standard
- excellent computer skills and are proficient with Microsoft Office products
- the ability to relate well and deal effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- good numeric skills and are comfortable working with budgets
- work unsupervised to achieve set goals without the need for direct oversight
- work in consultative and team environments
- work under pressure with attention to detail
Ideally, you have:
- communications experience in a related field
- a relevant tertiary qualification
- an appreciation of/an interest in the aviation industry
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a drug/alcohol test.
Wellington Airport is the hub of New Zealand’s domestic aviation network and the gateway to the Capital and the surrounding region. A major player on Wellington’s economic landscape, we contribute to the growth and development of regional commercial activity and tourism, and are a significant enabler of business and government activity.
This is an exciting time for Wellington Airport as we develop an integrated operations centre, a four-star hotel, new flight routes and retail stores. We are constantly progressing and expanding; come and be a part of our success.
- Please apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format
- Applications close Sunday 21 July 2019
- Candidates must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the interview process
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years' experience do you have as a communications manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in communications?