About the role
If you are looking for a full-time permanent role that is varied and want to work with a diverse and high performing team, then this is the role for you.
This opportunity supports the Head of Planning with a key focus on policy planning, RMA consenting, and noise management.
You will be:
- Assisting with the preparation of planning applications for complex airport infrastructure projects
- Building effective relationships with councils, committees and local stakeholders
- Assisting with developing cost-effective expansion options consistent with airport commercial and sustainability objectives
- Managing noise and environmental planning issues
In return for your hard work, you will be rewarded with:
- a competitive remuneration package
- multiple opportunities for learning and development including career pathways
- free airport parking
- retail discounts
- onsite fitness facilities and activities
- excellent people skills
- the ability to think strategically, logically and methodically
- strong communication skills both, verbal and written
- well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
You are confident:
- working in consultative and team environments
- working with and managing consultants
Ideally, you have:
- a relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
- experience in planning and the RMA
- experience in the RMA processes for significant projects including consenting, plan changes, designations and the associated legal avenues available to applicants and appellants alike
- knowledge or experience in aviation environments
As part of our standard pre-employment requirements, you must be able to obtain security clearance from Aviation Security Services, complete a Ministry of Justice background check and pass a drug/alcohol test.
Wellington Airport is the hub of New Zealand’s domestic aviation network and the gateway to the Capital and the surrounding region. A major player on Wellington’s economic landscape, we contribute to the growth and development of regional commercial activity and tourism, and are a significant enabler of business and government activity.
This is an exciting time for Wellington Airport as we are constantly progressing and expanding; come and be a part of our success.
- Please apply with a cover letter and CV in PDF or Word format.
- Applications close Tuesday 26 March 2019.
- Please note that candidates must have the permanent right to work in NZ to be considered for the interview process.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?